Sunday, August 11, 2019

About my blog / Sobre mi blog

¡Hola Familias!

Wow, I can't believe school starts in a little over a week! I have been spending lots of time preparing to receive your little one at our ice cream social on Thursday from 6-7:30pm, as well as on the first day of school, which is Tuesday, August 20th!

I know that starting a new school year and program can be a little...gulp...overwhelming. So, I wanted to introduce you to my blog so you can poke around a little bit before school gets into full swing!

I've been poking and tweaking around in my blog and have added some pages and resources that I hope you find useful. Here is a list so you can check them out when you have a chance!

On the bar at the right, you'll see links for...

Lunch Duty Signup: If you are free on Wednesdays during lunch time, the students would love to have lunch with you! This would also enable me to attend my weekly grade-level meeting. ¡Gracias!

Hot Lunch Menu: I'll send home a paper menu each month, but here is another link for easy access. :)

Community Connections: Check out this page to learn about upcoming events in the community, cultural connections, and places I recommend to experience the rich and vibrant Hispanic/Latino community right here in the Holland area. *If you would like me to add something to this page, please let me know! It is not a complete list by any means!

Classroom Wish List: A link to some items I'd LOVE to add to my classroom!

Spanish Language Resources: A page with some great resources on ways you can continue learning Spanish in a fun way at home!

Calendar: See upcoming events in our school and community. Please let me know if you have any questions about what's coming up.


Also, I published several posts during the summer that you can scroll down and read if you'd like. Please expect an email from me every week with a link to my updated blog.

That's all for now, I think! Enjoy! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment