Sunday, April 5, 2020

30 de marzo - 2 de abril

¡Hola Familias!


As I sit and write this post to you, my heart is sad knowing that our classroom family will not be meeting together in person for the rest of the year. How I will miss the smiles, hugs, and laughter from each one of your children that brightened my days! I am beyond thankful for each and every one of you and for the special part your child has played in our classroom community this year. Even though the face-to-face learning has been cut tragically short, our year thus far together has been an amazing one.

Personally, I can find thinking too much about our present circumstances to be paralyzing. Thinking about "what if?" and "when?" and "how much longer?" can lead me to panic, fear, and despair. And yet every day, I know that God is guiding me--guiding us--as we take one more step forward. 

To use a silly analogy, my mind goes to Anna's song in Frozen 2 (let's be real--my kids have probably seen this movie 4,251 times already) when she sings about doing "the next right thing". Isn't that all we can do at this point? Trust in God, take His hand, put on a smile for our kids, and do what we know is right. Take each day as it comes and find a moment of joy in it.

I was in the grocery store last week trying to "stock up" (fun fact: I've never spent that much money before on a single grocery trip!), and I was looking in the hand soap aisle. Of course, there wasn't any, but the kind worker there suggested that I get some dish soap instead. Then she smiled at me and said, "Don't worry--we're going to get through this." Those simple words from a stranger encouraged me that day. Although it is scary living through such uncertain times and unprecedented events, we will get through it. Someday it will be over.

And the best part is, we know the ending already! Jesus has overcome the pain of this world, the cross of suffering, and even death itself! As you spend this Holy week with your family, perhaps in different activities than you'd originally planned (we had to cancel our trip to the TX/Mexico border to visit my husband's family this week), let's meditate on this truth. Let's remember that "our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18). God is in control of our past, present, and future!

This Week And Beyond!

As we continue putting one foot in front of the other, know that my full intention is to walk alongside you as you and I continue to partner in learning with your child. I am meeting with the SI team as well as the district-wide kindergarten team this upcoming week, and we are going to brainstorm how we can most effectively help your child continue learning and moving forward. Details are still evolving, but there may be some different formats coming after Spring Break, including more opportunities for targeted, small-group instruction as well as more "live" opportunities for your child to connect with Maestra.

Stay tuned for the details! For now, if you are interested in continuing a learning routine at home during your "staycation", here is a spreadsheet with some suggested activities you may want to try this week. Please note that they are completely optional, and I understand if you need a break from school mode for a while! ;)

Familias, I wish all of you a restful and rejuvenating Spring Break week, a joyful and encouraging Easter, and I look forward to "seeing" your child again next week! 

¡Felices Pascuas!



No comments:

Post a Comment