Friday, March 27, 2020

22-27 de marzo

¡Hola Familias! 


It was SO good to be able to see and talk with each one of you, as well as spend a few minutes talking to so many students! I miss them all very much, but I am also SO glad that they are at home and safe at this time. And of course, I could not begin to express my appreciation for each one of you for all of the time you are putting into helping your child keep moving forward! 

I'll keep this blog post brief, but I wanted to mention a few things as we go into our next week of e-learning and the week before Spring Break.

Next Week
You may have noticed that your child's packet ran out! Please provide him/her with blank or lined paper for our work next week. I'll walk the kids through each activity and continue to post objectives in English for the parents every day!

Libro de la Resurrección Project / Other Easter Project
I had an idea about creating a collaborative e-book as a class based on our Libro de la Resurrección that the children have been illustrating for Bible class. I'll explain it briefly now, but I'll also send an email out next week with more details.

My idea is for each student to read, or talk about, one page from the book/eggs they've been illustrating. They will record their video and I will compile them into one "story". Then I will share the video with all of you! As I said before, I'll send more details on Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Also, I'd love to make a cross Easter craft with the kids on Thursday during our Bible lesson! Would you please help your child find two sticks, some string (or a twist-tie), and some clay or Play-doh? He/she can also decorate the clay/cross with plastic flowers, plants, Easter "grass", or something else! 

Splash Learn
In addition to working with pencil and paper next week, I would also like the kids to use an app called Splash Learn. We've used it in class and they love it! 

Instructions
1. Use an iPad if possible; I've had a little trouble with this app on my phone! 

Go to the App store and type in "SplashLearn"
You will see this logo:

Click on "Get" and it will start downloading. 

2. Once the app is downloaded, look in the upper right hand corner and click on "Already Registered?" DON'T click "Get Started"; it's a little hard to navigate back after that!

3. Click on the "Class" button

4. Enter the class code: EDFMIT

5. Click on your child's name

6. Click on the picture of the red die

7. Whenever your kiddo logs on to the app, he/she will see a balloon that says "My To-Dos." They will tap on the balloon and then tap the button that says "Empezar" to start the assignment.

Let's Find Out Magazine
In our classroom, we've been using Let's Find Out magazines all year. They are cute, high-interest, and have fun online activities too! Here is the link to access these magazines, games, and fun videos around different themes! (See instructions below.)


That's all for now, familias! Let me know if I can support you in any way over the next week of learning. Have a wonderful, safe, healthy, and fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment