Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Welcome! ¡Bienvenidos!

 ¡Hola Familias! 

My name is Hillary Klipp Lopez, and I am excited to introduce myself as your child’s Spanish Immersion kindergarten teacher at Rose Park this coming year! 

My family at Niagara Falls this summer
About Me

I am originally from Lexington, Massachusetts, but I’ve lived in several different areas of the country, including 8 years in the Texas/Mexico border region where my husband Miguel is from. I hold a BA in English and Spanish from Grove City College, a Master’s degree from Plymouth State University in Language Education (TESOL), and 14+ years of teaching experience, most of which were spent teaching in my students’ non-native language. Teaching content through language is my passion, and I LOVE the formative year of Kindergarten!

Miguel and I have been married for 14 years and have 2 wonderful children, Anaiah (10) and Isaac (8). Both of our children are in the Spanish immersion program at Rose Park--Anaiah is in Rose Park’s founding SI class and will be entering fifth grade, and Isaac will be in third grade. We love the SI community that has grown and developed here at Rose Park. 

Our family loves living in Holland, which has been our home since 2017. We attend Engedi Español and enjoy serving and loving our community there. We also love to travel and explore new places. 

Proud to be part of the SI program at Rose Park!
Spanish Immersion

I am proud to be entering my 6th year as a Kindergarten teacher in our Spanish Immersion program at Rose Park. Our program started 6 years ago and continues to grow! Our team is innovative, creative, and passionate about immersion education and helping students become global learners, critical thinkers, and compassionate ambassadors of Christ. Throughout our journey together, I will give you lots of information on how you can support your immersion student at home. If at any point you have questions about the immersion model or would like more information, please don't hesitate to let me know!

School Supply List

I often have parents asking for our school supply list. Here is the link!

Google Form

Would you mind taking a few minutes to fill out some helpful back-to-school information for me? Here is the form! 

Upcoming Dates

Our Ice Cream Social will be on Thursday, August 17th from 6:00-7:00pm. You and your child will be able to visit the classroom, meet some new friends, and (of course) enjoy some ice cream! Your child will be receiving a letter from me in the mail with an invitation to this event.

Our first day of school will be Tuesday, August 22nd. Please note that it will be a full day with dismissal at 3:15pm.

Parent Information Night will take place on Thursday, August 24th at 6:30pm! It will be a night for just parents to come and hear a little more about Rose Park, our classroom, and our year together!

Wow, can you believe the big day is almost here? It may be filled with mixed emotions, both for you and your child, but that's ok! I am here to walk with you and support you as we start the kindergarten journey together, and I am praying for each one of the little ones coming into my class this year. 

I can't wait to meet you and your child! Like I said, please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions about the upcoming school year. We are going to have a great year together!

No comments:

Post a Comment